Friday 11 February 2011

The moon and I

I'm sitting here listening to Hank William's - ''I'm so lonesome i could cry'' - one of the blues i always heard from my dad's collection that i remember putting so much effort into memorising as a very little girl but this time I'm actually crying alongside this lovely classic song. And what's wrong with me?.. Yeah you've probably guessed it .... heart break.. the typical girls' sad story, her inspiration to blog, and in this particular situation a satisfaction that I've tried talking to someone-even tho its probably someone I'ld never know ( which I guess makes it better. :) ) I've just heard Randy ( the American Idol judge) telling one of the rejected contestants wishing for one more shot, ''Its a show, you just have one chance and you put it all out on the stage.'' And I cant help thinking... I'm asking myself... Did I put it all out on my hypothetical relationship stage? Did i use my one chance the best way i could? Did I let the judge (in  this case Mr. XYZ) know how much ''talent'' i had? Did i leave him wanting more? Looking for that pizazz? Or am I just being my usual self criticising and blaming self?
I watched a TV show yesterday and I ended up asking myself.
Who am I?.. yeah I obviously know my name (duh) but it was deeper than that.. my personality. And I came up with some really hard hitting things -a person who is insecure and has a low self esteem issue, a person so scared of rejection and (recently) loneliness because I gambled in all my emotions and lost all bets..  yeah t
thats the who I came up with.. That's who I am and have become....

So I'll leave you with the lyrics to this amazing song I now have on repeat as I ask my self what would happen in the days to come..

I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry

Hear that lonesome whippoorwill
He sounds too blue to fly
The midnight train is whining low
I'm so lonesome I could cry

I've never seen a night so long
When time goes crawling by
The moon just went behind the clouds
To hide its face and cry

Did you ever see a robin weep
When leaves began to die?
That means he's lost the will to live
I'm so lonesome I could cry

The silence of a falling star
Lights up a purple sky
And as I wonder where you are
I'm so lonesome I could cry



Rosa del desierto

No comments:

Post a Comment